Did you know that brewed coffee can be used on your hair to prevent shedding, aid in growth AND leave a nice tint/shine on dark hair hues? I love coffee and I usually drink a cup daily. When I heard about the hair benefits of using brewed coffee directly on my curls, I did some digging.
While poking around online and doing some research of my own I came up with an awesome deep conditioner that I wanted to share. In the warmer months my hair can get very dry and when that happens breakage can be at an all time high.
I think the below recipe will work great for my kinky coily haired girls (type 4). If you end up trying it let me know!
*Coffee does stain light hair so PLEASE keep that in mind if you are a blondie. This recipe is for brunettes and darker.*
Coconut Coffee Cream Conditioner
- 1/2 cup of coffee (keep hot to help melt the coconut oil, you will cool before using)
- 2 spoonfuls of coconut oil
- A few raw cocoa butter chips (melted)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of coconut nectar
- Blend the ingredients together and make sure that the coconut oil (if solid) has melted into the mixture.
- Chill mix for an hour or overnight.
- Apply to your hair in sections while smoothing from root to tip.
- Cover with a plastic cap for as 30+ minutes.
- Rinse and style as normal.
*If you are going to let the mix sit overnight, wash your hair the night before and DC the day after*